Polyurethane, the material for all applications
Polyurethane, the material for all applications. Virtually no other material combines aesthetics, ergonomics and function in such an ideal form.
PUR material systems from the leading raw material manufacturers Covestro and BASF are used at Thieme.
The materials are purchased as preformulated systems and processed into high-quality shaped part.
USED RIM Materials:
- Sandwich-style design with high inherent rigidity
- Extraordinary design flexibility
- Good thermal and acoustic insulation properties
- Compact structure and high impact strength
- Alternative to injection moulding
- Components up to 6 m² projected area
- The material for mechanically and chemically stressed functional parts
- Alternative to grey cast iron or steel
- High impact strength also at low temperatures
- Extraordinarily durable
- Aesthetics possible by means of structured tool surfaces
- Kinetic energy is converted into deformation energy
- Can be optimally used for the most diverse requirements
- Passive passenger protection for all vehicle areas
- For low-weight comfort components
- The compression hardness can be changed by means of variable densities
Video Polyurethane reaction